Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year
1. To register for kindergarten, your child must reach their 5th birthday on or before September 30th.
2. Check to see what school your child will attend. If the school is not Union Mill, please contact the school within your boundary for registration. Boundary Locator
3. Enrolling Parent (the parent listed on the birth certificate) should fill out the registration forms. These forms are available in the office or online.
4. Enrolling parent calls to make a registration appointment. Appointments are available Monday-Friday between 10am and 2pm during the school year.
Below are the documents required at your registration appointment:
1. An original birth certificate of child
2. Driver's License or government issued photo identification of enrolling parent
3. Immunizations and a physical examination completed within the last 12 months prior to starting school (TB screening MAY also be needed if child has lived out of country for a consecutive period of four weeks)
4. Deed of the parent's house OR Lease in the parent's name signed by the rental management office OR A resident manager's letter with company letterhead stating residence of parents
5. Parents who live with the child in a residence of someone else needs to provide all of the following:
- FCPS Student Registration Leaseholder or Homeowner Affidavit
- FCPS Student Registration Residency Affidavit
- Deed or lease of homeowner or leaseholder
- Three supporting documents in the parent’s name showing Fairfax County address, selected from the following list:
- Employment (current employer verification on company letterhead or current payroll stub)
- Car document or ID (Virginia driver’s license, car registration, car insurance policy or bill or Commonwealth of Virginia identification card)
- Utility bill (cell phone, Internet, gas, water, electricity, cable, or telephone)
- Tax document (current income tax form 1099, withholding form W-2)
Please contact Leah Milla with any questions at 703-322-8500.